Work with Us
We’d love to have you join our team! Please use the form below to apply. Feel free to send in your resume even if you don't see the position you're looking for listed.
We're looking for an experienced, energetic server to join the Hugo's Invitados team!
We offer highly competitive compensation, reasonable hours, and a positive, fun, and highly rewarding work environment that treats each and every employee as family.
If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you and potentially have you join our team!
Ability to serve with a genuine smile, adjust on the fly, and always execute at the highest standards of excellence.
At Hugo's Invitados, everything we do is inspired by our guests, and that begins with providing the best possible service to every guest, every time. Every guest should feel welcomed in, and treated as a VIP.
In this position, you'll be required to:
- Greet guests in a welcoming fashion
- Serve each and every guest with a positive, friendly, and helpful demeanor
- Take orders promptly and accurately
- Know the menus well, including how to best serve guests' dietary restrictions
- Help guests select from the menu by explaining the chef’s specialties, identifying appropriate beverage pairings, and accurately answering all food preparation questions
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording guests’ selections and identifying all special dietary needs and special requests
- Maintain an enthusiastic, welcoming disposition that's focused on prompt service and complete guest satisfaction
- Assist in preparations as needed or as directed, and always look for opportunities to assist your colleagues
- Remain professional and welcoming at all times
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies
- Serve orders from kitchen and bar
- Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs and observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, refilling water glasses, and being alert to patron spills or other needs
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging the guests, thanking them, and inviting them back
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges, issuing bills, accepting payments, delivering bills and payments to host, and returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons
- Work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules as required, including weekends and some holidays
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Age: Must be at least 18 years of age based upon state requirements to serve alcohol
- Service Experience: Two years minimum experience as a server required
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED
- Familiarity with industry best practices
- Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively and clearly, actively listen to others, ask questions to verify understanding, and always do so with a smile and helpful attitude
- Must be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and guests
- Basic math skill proficiency
- Bilingual required (English and Spanish)
- Professional maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand, meet commitments, keep the promises you make, and accept the responsibility of your actions
- Must be able to stand for extended durations (8-12 hour shifts).
- Ability to constantly lift up to 50 pounds without issue.
- Ability to work in an environment that has exposures to cold, heat, and water
- Able to lift, reach, bend and stoop
- Able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time